Qarbon Aerospace is a premier manufacturer of cutting-edge composite components and assemblies at all levels of complexity, with products installed on the industry’s most advanced commercial and military aircraft. As a US-based company with a global footprint of more than 1,650,000 ft² of state-of-the-art facilities, Qarbon Aerospace has the capabilities and resources to solve the market’s toughest challenges with Quality Assured. With more than 100 years of experience, we build quality into every fiber, letting your ideas take flight.
IT System Administrator Position Overview:
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain and administer our company's networked system of computers. The System Administrator's responsibilities include but are not limited to; troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security. To be successful as a System Administrator at Qarbon, you should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions. The best System Administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism.
- Build strong relationships with team members and customers.
- Develop effective team processes to meet organizational goals.
- Build core standards and policies to help frame a solid, easy to manage environment for customers and IT personnel.
- Contribute to the efficiency and improvement of the IT organization by identifying, resolving, and eliminating the cause of the issues
(This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.)
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, storage and virtualization
- Install and upgrade server components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Research, resolve, and respond to end-user issues/problems/questions received via email, telephone calls, walk-ups, etc., and provide hardware, and application support, such as PC, Network Printers, Smartphones, in accordance with current standards and SLA’s
- Support as required for Radio Frequency devices, Handhelds and Wireless Access Points
- Answer inquiries received at the Help Desk and accurately classify, prioritize and record the service requests
- Special projects as identified
Experience and Education Requisites:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Experience in supporting an environment of > 500 users
- Hold a valid driver's license with a clean record
- Safely drive a company vehicle within the site to provide hands on support for the location
- Knowledge in Microsoft operating systems and M365 products
- MECM, SQL Server
- Power Shell Scripting
- NetApp Storage
- VEEAM Backups
- Service Now
- Experience with supporting end user computer equipment
- Printer configuration and support
- Networking - Cisco switches and wireless AP's
- Cisco VoIP phones and systems
- Engineering based software solutions such as Catia, eNovia
- MES and other A&D Shop Floor applications
- Able to lift and carry equipment such as printers, PC's and monitors:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Able to carry 10 lbs. or less
- Able to climb up to 3 flights of stairs
What does Qarbon Aerospace have to offer?
- Company Paid Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance 1 time salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) & Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 12 Holidays
- Flex Time Off
- Medical/Prescription Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance / Hospital Indemnity Insurance / Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Savings and Spending Accounts
- Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan- Option to elect Traditional 401(k), Roth 401(k), or After-Tax Savings plan
- Immediate vesting
- 100% company match on the first 3% of your salary; 50% company match on the next 3%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site fitness equipment for employees’ use