We’re excited to have now joined the 7-Eleven family of stores!
The Restaurant Associate is responsible for providing prompt, efficient, effective safe and courteous quality food service to the guest. These objectives are obtained through quality of guests, merchandising handling, cleaning, maintenance, safety, security, and other general duties as assigned.
Cultivate a G•U•E•S•T in Mind Culture.
1. Focus on the wildly important.
2. Be a leader.
3. Be committed to the guest.
- Provides prompt, courteous service by greeting and assisting guests.
- Performs duties necessary to maintain stores cleanliness, and basic upkeep (food preparation areas, shelves, counter space, etc.), ensuring that areas are sanitary and presentable at all times.
- Complies with all food safety behaviors including but not limited to proper food handling procedures, temperature requirements, and bad merchandise record. (All Restaurant Associates are required to wear latex gloves while handling and preparing food products.)
- Maintains knowledge of all products offerings and promotions. Supports advertising campaigns, sales promotions, and properly displays food. (Building and taking down of display)
- Maintains 100% in-store efficiency on top selling menu items.
- Receives product from vendor and follows correct procedures (building and taking down displays.) In addition to assisting management with ordering and vendor check-in.
- Monitors food activities to ensure that guests receive exceptional service. Examine food products to ensure that it is correctly priced. (Inventory levels, pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise.)
- Keeps food service display fully stocked, ensuring merchandise faces front at all times.
- Prepares food items per required menu and recipe for affiliated stores.
- Assembles high-margin products as directed by Food Service or Facility Manager.
- Follows Company policies and procedures, and all laws governing beverage and tobacco sales.
- Follows all credit card, money order, and check cashing policies.
- Regularly looks for, and eliminates safety hazards. Reports unsafe acts or conditions to management.
- Prepares required accident/incident reports; immediately reporting such activity to management.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques, when operating the cash register, and all point-of-sales equipment.
- Follows Company policies and procedures established to prevent loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors, and guests.
- Safeguards cash and merchandise; follows Company robbery prevention and reaction procedures as provided in the Emergency Response Reporting Procedures and Policy Manual.
- Reacts to and reports customer complaints tactfully and promptly.
- Maintains a professional personal appearance in accordance with Company Uniform and Personal Appearance Policy.
- Reports to work on time and when scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED is preferred. Previous food service experience is preferred. Must maintain current food handlers or food safety certification as required by county. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrates sales and customer services skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and to speak effectively before customers and employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work with minimum supervision. Ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to overhead, and/or 60 pounds from ground to waist level, up to thirty minutes of workday (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
- Ability to push, and pull with arms up to a force of 128 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand truck.)
- Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting, up to one hour of the workday.
- May be required to climb a ladder and/or stool, kneel or crouch to store or retrieve materials and/or place or remove signs.
- Ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with hands all day. This handwork requires eye-hand coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands, up to four hours of the workday.
- Employee performs approximately 95% of work indoors. Outside work will be required.
- Employee is exposed to intermittent indoor cold temperature extremes when working in the walk-in cooler and/or freezer.
- Committed to work assigned hours.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends, and holidays.)
- Stores operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above are considered essential job functions to this position.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Store Location: Store 42099 Tbd Red Oak, TX, 75154 United States