Qarbon Aerospace is a premier manufacturer of cutting-edge composite components and assemblies at all levels of complexity, with products installed on the industry’s most advanced commercial and military aircraft. As a US-based company with a global footprint of more than 1,650,000 ft² of state-of-the-art facilities, Qarbon Aerospace has the capabilities and resources to solve the market’s toughest challenges with Quality Assured. With more than 100 years of experience, we build quality into every fiber, letting your ideas take flight.
Quality Engineer 3 Position Overview:
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards to meet customer requirements for product validation. Responsibilities include developing quality processes, procedures, and standard work; inspecting product, equipment, developing quality control systems, planning and validating first article inspections per AS9102, non-conformance investigations to determine root cause, developing RCCA’s, and develop/maintain outputs for AS9145 (APQP/PPAP)
- Ensures products adhere to company and customer quality standards.
- Ability to adapt to an extremely dynamic work environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to find solutions to problems through diverse thinking while utilizing a varied experience
Experience and Education Requisites:
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent discipline, or 8+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Solid understanding of geometric relationships.
- Strong blueprint reading skills and mid to high level knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Experience with the manufacturing processes of large to medium composite structures (Bond and Assembly)
- Must have working experience with AS9145 (APQP and PPAP) and ability to execute and lead a group to completion of all APQP outputs (PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP, etc.). AS13100 experience a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude, great attention to detail and exceptional communication skills.
- Capable to work independently from general supervision. Must be self-motivated and driven to implement Quality and process improvements.
- CAD Data Analysis/Interrogation (measurement & manipulation) required. (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Knowledge of operating measurement equipment (calipers, micrometers, go/no go gauges, height and depth gauges)
- Must have in-depth understanding of problem-solving tools (i.e. - 8D, root cause analysis, 5 Why, Fishbone diagram, DMAIC, etc.)
- Above average math skills (sound knowledge in statistics)
- CMM or Laser Trackers, or Romer Arms experience a plus. Knowledge of any of the following: PC-DMIS, Spatial Analyzer, or 3DCS experience a plus.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks and obtain results working within strict time frames
- Proficient in MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
What does Qarbon Aerospace have to offer?
- Company Paid Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance 1 time salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) & Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- 12 Holidays
- Flex Time Off
- Medical/Prescription Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance / Hospital Indemnity Insurance / Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Savings and Spending Accounts
- Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan- Option to elect Traditional 401(k), Roth 401(k), or After-Tax Savings plan
- Immediate vesting
- 100% company match on the first 3% of your salary; 50% company match on the next 3%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site fitness equipment for employees’ use