Competitive pay, work-life balance, inclusion and diversity, and excellent benefits. Benefits offered include:
- Medical & Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401K/Retirement Savings Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Holidays & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Educational Assistance
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Paid Training
- LinkedIn Learning
Top Employer Recognition
America’s Best Employers – Forbes Magazine
The 100 Most Trustworthy Companies In America - Forbes Magazine
Top Places to Work - Dallas Morning News
Best Places to Work - Mississippi Business Journal
Best Place to Learn - Dallas Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
1. Researches and resolves meter read exceptions and basic service order issues. Evaluates exceptions to determine appropriate corrective action. Collaborates with field personnel as necessary to reach a resolution.(45%)
2. Performs basic billing adjustments, including reversing bills and allocating consumption to appropriate months to allow for rebilling. (15%)
3. Reviews bills for accuracy. Researches unbilled accounts to identify and alleviate issues causing billing delays. (15%)
4. Evaluates and resolve payment exceptions to correct postings to customer accounts. Transfers funds from suspense accounts to customer accounts, researches misapplied payments and transfers payments. (10%)
5. Processes customer correspondence. Prepares written responses to verify electronic billing processes and complete billing address updates to prevent delivery errors. (5%)
6. Processes bank drafts. Investigates returned checks for customer payments. Reverses NSF charges and late fees as needed. (5%)
7. Completes set-up of landlord agreements and default customer accounts. Investigates maintenance issues in the billing system to ensure proper billing (5%)
A general educational knowledge acquired through a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma and two years of related experience.
Problem Solving/Independent Judgment:
Effectively identifies problems as they occur and take appropriate action to solve the problem if it is not difficult or complex. Under general supervision exercises some judgment in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers both written and verbally.
Requires the ability to apply mathematical skills to everyday problems.
Working knowledge of various software applications to create documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. Ability to use specialized Atmos software.
Works in an office environment. Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning, and/or lifting.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Atmos Energy Corporation, an S&P 500 company headquartered in Dallas, is the country’s largest natural gas-only distributor. We safely deliver reliable, affordable, efficient, and abundant natural gas to more than 3 million distribution customers in over 1,400 communities across eight states located primarily in the South. As part of our vision to be the safest provider of natural gas services, we are modernizing our business and infrastructure while continuing to invest in safety, innovation, environmental sustainability, and our communities. Atmos Energy manages proprietary pipeline and storage assets, including one of the largest intrastate natural gas pipeline systems in Texas.
Credit and Collections