THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION
Ideal candidate will:
Have experience in monthly close activities including journal entries.
Have experience meeting monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close deadlines.
Be proficient in Excel.
Be a good communicator.
Be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
1. Prepares monthly accounting journal entries.
2. Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
3. Performs processes during the monthly close cycle.
4. Creates, updates, reviews, investigates and distributes schedules and financial reports pertaining to various phases of accounting functions.
5. Prepares, analyzes and verifies accounting reports and other records to support responses to data requests in connection with regulatory filings and audits.
6. Ensures that all transactions are properly supported and are in accordance with GAAP, FERC, SOX, and other regulatory requirements.
7. Provides internal and external customer support when needed.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field and 2 years of related experience in Accounting, or equivalent.
A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 5 years of related experience in
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or modifications on technical or other complex concepts to individuals with little or no background in the area under discussion, verbally and in writing.
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios, percentages and simple statistical methods.
Requires knowledge of various software applications to create documents, reports and/or graphics.
Works in an office environment. Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.